2023-01-20 21:15:29 |
人围观 |
评论:
#英语丰富多彩的习语#
每个人都会有记忆断片的时候,有的时候刻意去挖掘久远的记忆往往适得其反,倒是有的时候会突然记起或意识到某事,而且印象深刻。
说到“想”就得提及 think,对应它的两个 think about 和 think of 常常让人扑朔迷离;想起某事且持续时间短的用 think of,因喜爱或任何其他感情而产生的兴趣且会持续一段时间的用 think about,例如:
think of:
I think of my car when I watch the races.
我看比赛的时候会想起我的车。
He thinks of his award
whenever he sees another getting one.
每当他看到别人得到奖品时,他就会想起他的奖品。
think about:
He was thinking about the time he spent in the army.
他在想他在军队里度过的时光。
He thinks about his home when he is away from it.
当他离开家时,他会想到他的家。
在口语中,表达“想起来了”就跟这两个短语动词有关系,它是 come to think of/about it,可以放在句首或句尾,相当于状语,例如:
Come to think of it, he did mention seeing you.
想起来了,他确实提到看见过你。
Come to think of it, add potatoes and carrots to the list.
想起来了,把土豆和胡萝卜加到单子上。
I have a screwdriver in the trunk of my car, come to think of it.
想起来了,我的后备箱里有一把螺丝刀。
在英语日常用语中类似的习语还有 bring/call sb/sth to mind 或 come/spring to mind,例如:
bring/call sb/sth to mind:
She couldn't
call to mind where she had seen him before.
她想不起来曾在哪里见过他。
Can we go somewhere else for dinner? That place just brings my ex-girlfriend to mind.
我们能去别的地方吃晚饭吗?那地方让我想起了我的前女友。
come/spring to mind:
A: What would you
like to have for dinner?
你晚餐想吃什么?
B: I'm not sure, nothing's really coming to mind.
我不确定,我什么都不想。
Another idea comes to mind. Why not check in the phone book?
想到了另一个主意。为什么不登记电话簿呢?
要表达“想起或记起”,我们还可以使用家喻户晓的单词 remember 来表示,类似的单词还有 recall 和 recollect 等,或短语动词 call sth up 等等,例如:
remember:
I remember now. He arrived just at the moment it happened.
现在我想起来了,他恰恰在事情发生的时候到了。
Can you remember how much money we spent?
你能回忆起我们花了多少钱吗?
recall:
She could not recall his name.
她想不起他的名字。
Can you recall who gave that document to you?
你能记起谁给你的那份文件吗?
recollect:
I don't recollect what he said.
我不记得他说过什么。
As far ashe can recollect,
that tall man was not there when the party began.
据他回忆,聚会开始时那个高个男子不在场。
call up:
The smell of the sea called up memories of her childhood.
大海的气息勾起了她对童年的回忆。
Can you call up the day when we work together?
你记得起我们一起工作的日子吗?
还有一个很形象的短语也可以用来表示“使想起”,它就是 refresh one's memory,意为“刷新某人的记忆”或“使某人想起”,例如:
He walked on the opposite side of the street to refresh his memory of the building.
他走在街的对面,努力回忆这座建筑的原貌。
I'm sorry, I don't remember our discussion about that. You'll have torefresh my memory.
对不起,我不记得我们讨论过这个。你得让我想起来。
词或词组辨析:
screwdriver [skrudrav(r)] 意为“螺丝刀”