你的位置: 首页 > 英语口语学习

爱语吧英语:13岁女孩可能会是登陆火星的第一人-爱语吧BBC

2022-04-16 07:07:34 | 人围观 | 评论:


13岁女孩可能会是登陆火星的第一人

13 years old girl may be the first person to land on

(点击图片播放本文MP3音频)

Alyssa Carson is 13 years old.

2014年,13岁女孩艾丽莎·卡森

And she made the headlines in 2014 by announcing her determination to be the first person to land on Mars.

宣布她决心成为登上火星第一人,此消息立即成为头条新闻。

Wishful thinking? Well, NASA thinks she stands a chance.

这是她异想天开吗?美国国家航空航天局(NASA)认为她是有机会的。

And she is already in training, becoming the first person to attend all three of NASA’s world space camps. 13-year old Alyssa Carson is using a video simulation to land a robotic explorer on Mars.

她已经在接受训练了,成为同时参加NASA三个世界太空训练营的第一人。13岁的艾丽莎·卡森正在使用视频模拟法使探测机器人登上火星。

At the moment, it’s the closest she or anybody else can get to the Red Planet.

截至目前,这是包括她在内的所有人离登陆火星最近的时刻。

But for as long as she can remember, Alyssa has dreamed of being the first person to actually land on Mars.

但艾丽莎从记事以来就一直梦想着成为真正登陆火星的第一人。

It was calling me.

它在召唤我。

爱语吧英语

I could just sense that I needed to go there.

我真的能感觉到我必须去那儿。

Something told me that that was my future destination.

直觉告诉我那是我未来的目的地。

Although a mission to Mars might be decades away, Alyssa is already in training.

虽然登陆火星的任务可能在几十年后才能执行,但艾丽莎已经在接受训练了。

She’s completed several NASA space camps including one in Turkey.

她完成了NASA的几个太空训练营任务,其中一个位于土耳其。

At space camp, you train, eat, sleep.

太空训练营里的生活就是训练、吃、睡。

You live the life of an astronaut.

和宇航员的生活一样。

Also, we do the MMU, which is the manned maneuvering unit.

我们也做MMU爱语吧英语,也就是载人机动装置。

It’s kind of like a big jet pack.

就像一个大的喷气式背包。

爱语吧英语

And also, you get to do a mission.

我们还得做任务。

At the Baton Rouge International School, Alyssa is leaning French and several other languages including Chinese.

艾丽莎正在巴吞鲁日国际学校学习法语和其他几种语言,包括汉语。

And of course, she is studying science and math essential for her planned degrees in astrophysics and astrobiology.

当然,为取得天体物理学和天体生物学的学位爱语吧英语,她还要学习必要的科学和数学知识。

I have never seen anyone as dedicated and passionate about their dream as this kid is about getting to Mars.

我从来没见过任何一个人,能像这个孩子对待登陆火星一样,如此专注和热情地追求梦想。

Bert Carson is Alyssa’s father, a single parent who has dedicated his life to fulfilling his daughter’s ambition.

伯特·卡森是艾丽莎的父亲,这个单身父亲把毕生精力都用于实现女儿的抱负。

I’ve lived my life.

我活得很精彩。

I’ve lived my life.

全世界都游遍了。

So now it’s her time.

所以,现在轮到她了。

爱语吧英语

And it’s my job as her dad to support that and to be by her sideand do whatever it is that she needs to support this dream.

作为老爸,我的职责就是支持她爱语吧英语,竭尽全力帮她实现梦想。

Do you ever worry about her, worry about the fact she is putting so much into this, and it just might not happen?

你有没有担心过她付出太多,但却没能成行?

I really don’t worry about it not happening because, you know, I do believe in destiny and fate.

我真的没担心过她的愿望会落空,因为我相信宿命。

And obviously destiny has this road for her to go to Mars.

显然,命运在指引着她通向火星。

It’s like it’s meant to be.

好像一切皆是定数。

But what does NASA think of her chances?

那NASA认为她成功的几率有多大?

Alyssa is a regular visitor to the NASA base in Mississippi.

艾丽莎是NASA密西西比基地的常客。

爱学习,爱英语,尽在!

爱语吧成立于2012年1月,是依托于北京航空航天大学软件学院研究生和本科生成立的致力于为用户开发外语学习应用的软件团队。

爱语吧主要产品有英语听力包括:VOA慢速英语、VOA英语视频、VOA常速英语、BBC六分钟英语,听歌学英语、剑桥小说馆等;英语考试包括:英语四级听力、英语六级听力、日语考试(N1,N2,N3)爱语吧英语:13岁女孩可能会是登陆火星的第一人-爱语吧BBC,托业,托福,HSK(汉语水平)等外语考试。产品包括网页应用和移动端安卓、苹果、桌面PC版应用。